China Science Weeks at Ulm University
With Participation of Partner Universities
Background: China and Germany are celebrating the German-Chinese year of sciences in 2010. German science foundations and the German Rectors Conference (HRK) have asked the Universities to set up programs which highlight the co-operation with partner institutions and make the academic exchanges better known to a wider public as well in the university as outside. HRK is supporting the activities of the science weeks.
Aims: The China Science Weeks at Ulm University aim at
· Highlighting common research fields by running work shops with the presence of researchers from Ulm University and partner institutions
· Highlighting the contributions of Chinese students and young researchers
· Highlighting academic exchange programs between Ulm University and Chinese partners
· Fostering initiatives to deepen the co-operations with the partners through negotiations with high ranking invited officials from partner institutions
· Informing a wider community in town about China
Time plan The China Science Weeks at Ulm University will take place during May 2010.
Official opening ceremony is May 3rd, 2010 by President Prof. Dr. Karl Joachim Ebeling in the presence of representatives of partner institutions, invited guests and researchers from Ulm University. Workshops will be located between April 26th and May 6th 2010.
Closing ceremony will be May 6th 2010 with a cultural festivity, including the Chinese students and researchers.
There are three workshops planned. In addition to senior researchers Chinese and German PhD researchers working at the Ulm University will present their research. The workshops will cover fields of electrical engineering, bio and nano materials and selected topics in medicine. Professors from partner institutions will be invited to participate.
Platform of Information
There will be a platform to display the strengths of partner universities and the multitude of students exchange programs as well as scientific co-operation. Chinese exchange students will get the chance to motivate German students for the students exchange programs
There will be lectures from specialists informing a wider community in the town of Ulm about China, particularly about actual tendencies in the educational and research sector and about economic and cultural features. These lectures will all take place during the month of May 2010.
Official Partner Universities of Ulm University
· Huazong University of Science and Technology (HUST) in Wuhan, Tongji Medical School
· Southeast University in Nanjing (SEU), Medical School, School of Sciences and School of Engineering
· Shandong University in Jinan, School of Sciences and School of Engineering
· Anhui Medical University In Hefei